Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Finished Purse

Well after much deliberation, I decided to use the green/chocolate stars print and the green/yellow, pink blossom print to make my first purse.

Overall, the purse took about 4 hours to design and sew, however, I made the purse over the course of 2 days. I started with the design yesterday and cut out the fabric, but decided to stop and do some yard work since it was so beautiful outside. Last night, by body told me I should have stayed inside to sew, because I was really tired. I got up early this morning before my daughter got up so I could finish the purse. I really am happy with the way that it turned out, and can't wait to use it tomorrow.

I only had a few problems making the purse. I struggled with getting the pattern the right shape, and then getting the straps the right size. When I was sewing, I found that my string kept breaking when I got to a really thick layer. I think that it broke at least 20 times, and I was ready to give up, but kept on. I ended up having to hand sew those areas that were extra thick. I also forgot to leave an opening so I could turn the purse right side out, but I quickly remedied this.

There are definitely flaws in the overall project, but I am happy that it is done. I really do like it and can't wait to create another one later in the year. This was a project happily done.

No comments:

Post a Comment