Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Creature in My Backyard


For the past few weeks I have been memorizing songs, poems and activities for my Kindermusik Summer Camp starting in July. One of my camps is called Creatures in My Back Yard. So early this morning, while making breakfast for J, I noticed something different moving in my backyard. I slipped on some shoes and was happy to find this little guy moving slowly, eating the grass, and just stretching his neck to look around. I came back in to get the camera and J, Cody, and Ruby decided to come outside with me. Needless to say the turtle, just tucked himself up and peeked out. Once we went back inside he began his slow vigil across the yard. He seemed very curious, stretching his head up as high as it could go. Ruby went back outside later and kept his distance. He just sat a few yards away and watched as the turtle slowly moved. At one point the turtle and Ruby were facing off. I wish I could have gotten a picture of that as well, but I knew that just by me going outside the face off would end.

I was happy for our little visitor this morning. I hope he finds our yard pleasant and decides to stay for awhile. I will end this blog with a little poem from Creatures in My Backyard. In this activity, the kids get a large scarf, put it over their backs and pretend to be turtles. In the end the parent lifts the scarf to reveal the hiding turtle. Too cute.

Little Turtle

Little turtle, little turtle
Hide inside your shell.
Little turtle, little turtle
Come and crawl with me.
Little turtle, little turtle
I See You!

Kindermusik International

No comments:

Post a Comment