Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Happy Blue



Today I celebrate. I have worked long and steadfast this past year as PTO President and I am glad that it is over. I went into the year saying I was doing it for my daughter, but soon found that it took me away from her. She was proud of what I was doing, and never complained, but I missed doing the fun stuff with her. Next school year I will be hers.

So I want to celebrate with things that I love and I chose blue today because it is my favorite color. It has been since I was a child. I even made my parents paint the bookcase in my room blue. If I remember it was a horrible navy to royal blue, but I loved it anyway.

So here are some images of blue things that have been around me lately. I picked up a bouquet of beautiful bachelor buttons at my local co-op this past Friday. They have been sitting on the kitchen table amidst the clutter that needs to be put away. Looking at them everyday as I cook, they bring a smile to my face. I also cut a few out to put in my sister vase, another blue thing. You can see this picture at sistervases.blogspot.com.

My second blue thing is a bowl containing black bean couscous salad. I made this for a teacher treat at school, and it was a big hit. I only got to taste a bite, and decided to make it for myself. I have been eating it for lunch all week. The blue bowl was bought at a Christmas Fair at Hendrix in the 90's. It has survived all these years and is one of my favorite serving dishes. I use it for everything.

I look forward to blogging again. It is such a great way to keep up with the little things that make us happy in life, like my daughters beautiful blue eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment